Monday, March 22, 2010

Back in the blogging world...

Um, Hello...yes, we are here. The New Post button has been torturing me for a while so I finally have given in. I'm not sure if anyone reads this anyways, but my brother wanted an update so here goes:

So what have the Johnsons been up to since that last post in early December? Well, my husband got to go on a surf trip to Puerto Rico for work (really, he did) in late January so I spent a few lovely days at my sister-in-law, Amanda's house hanging out with two of the cutest nephews a girl can have.



Here's the one photo I have seen from Zack's trip (the others the company likes to save for promotional purposes)



And I came home to a nice little surprise:



So those cute little nephews will get a new cousin around October 8.

We have had a fun time getting used to the idea of becoming parents and are quite excited for this new adventure God is sending our way.

We are also excited because Uncle Peter will be moving out to the east coast and will set up shop in Richmond in early June so the babe will have more family nearby.

To tell you the truth February flew by just working and dreaming of the warm spring weather to come. Then March showed up and didn't disappoint us. We have been loving the longer evenings and warm weather.

As far as the pregnancy has gone, I have surprised to have had very little sickness (thanks to God!) and have not spent any time in the bathroom or feeling icky in the morning. For a few weeks I felt a bit of the evening sickness but that was mild and has passed. So I'm really enjoying being pregnant and seeing a tiny bump appear. We both can't wait to meet our little son or daughter.

This photo was taken before our bike ride yesterday (11 weeks, 2 days)



By the way, this bike ride we took yesterday was maybe my #1 bike ride of all time. Really, it knocked all other bike rides out of the running. We biked on a nice bike trail in Kitty Hawk, it was about 72 degrees and perfect and Zack and I found a really cool bridge





Then we biked out to a great community of homes out on a peninsula, we both didn't know this area even existed. There were all of these little streams all along our ride, people out BBQing and painting and just enjoying winter coming to an end and spring arriving.

(So, Peter now that I've sent an update your way I'm expecting that long dormant blog of your to return to life ;)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both!! Please send me an email and I will invite you to my blog. isenbergersfriesnburgersatgmaildotcom. Glad things are going well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beth,

    Happy to find you in the blogging world. I will be back to follow the many adventures, God brings you to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New post, please! I link to yours from my blog and so have been checking often... but to no avail! Hope you are all well! ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete