Friday, December 4, 2009

Numero uno.

Here we are! The Johnson's have joined the blogging world!!

So you may be wondering 'why surprised by joy?' well, Zack came up with it and we spent a few days throwing around ideas... Brown and Blue at the Waters Edge...Salty Duo...Adventures Welcome...Eyes Wide Open...all good little snapshots that describe the Johnson Duo but Surprised by Joy just stuck with us. It's a favorite book written by a favorite author of both of ours, and the phrase to me brings to mind how many times God has surprised me with joy, especially in the many ways he has provided and promises to do so each day, I don't always see him working in the moment then I take a pause, look back and recall the wonderful workings of our Lord and he really does bring so much joy to His children. I can recall so many things that God has done in the past 2 years especially that have blown my mind and left me amazed and full of joy... I'll save those things for another post soon, but for those of you who don't know our story yet, it's a pretty amazing one ;).

Then the phrase is also a reminder to us to be joyful- because we of all people have so much to be joyful about. On a day when I am forgetting this an evening walk or bike ride to the beach with my husband is always a reminder to me of God's pure goodness in our lives and blessed I am to have Zack, he is always reminding me of the many blessings we have, it's always refreshing to be reminded of those things and gain that fresh perspective of life as God wants His children to live, a life of thankfulness and joy to Him who is constantly giving His children good gifts.

So, here at Surprised by Joy you will read anything from silly ramblings of daily life on this sandbar called Hatteras Island (HI!), photos of our latest adventure and maybe a few philosophic contemplations thrown in for fun.

(And make sure you let me know if you have a blog so we can be bloggy friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment